FEELING 'MEH' AND LITTLE VICTORIES

The past couple weeks have been testing to say the least. Starting off with the negative, I've been struggling a little with anxiety (I say a little because it hasn't been too bad, but it's been 'lingering'). Like I said it really hasn't been too bad, but most days when my husband is on break at work and he texts to find out how I am, I find myself replying and only being able to say I'm feeling 'meh'. Thankfully he gets that, understands my mental health and has been the distraction I've needed.

Alongside that I've had a horrible cold, chest/throat & cough for what seems like an age, and it's been taking all my energy. I've felt a little sorry for myself because when I'm ill I tend to eat comfort food and junk, and I was starting to get on track with eating better, but hey, the time will come.

The weekend before last we had a leak in our living room that ruined our walls, put a hole in the ceiling and ruined the wooden flooring. At the time I was gutted, but actually, more good has come of it. 

Now moving onto the good...

My driving lessons are going really well and my test is booked. Going back a few months, anxiety prevented me from even considering driving lessons so to know my instructor booked me in for my test of her own doing, feels like a huge achievement to me. And also this means I'm moving in the right direction and am ever closer to being able to gain that extra independence and getting on the road.

One Wednesday before I got this horrible cold I decided to take Harry out for a walk down the woods. It's something I love doing but often put it off for another day when I have hubby (and Indie) with me. Indie was at preschool and hubby was at work and I wanted to get out for some air. The weather wasn't great (cold, wet and icy) but I knew it was something Harry would love. Anxiety obstacles crept up but despite not being able to find Harrys rain clothes, I put Harry in Indie's hot pink rain suit and we went out anyway and it was lovely. Sometimes I just need that little push to get out and make memories instead of mulling over all the possible negative eventualities in my head.





Following on from our previously mentioned leaky living room... as I said, something good came of it. Due to a bit of a mess up with insurance we were left without cover for any of the damage and so I decided to get my DIY on. Over 2 days I ripped up the wooden flooring, cleared the living room, patched and sanded the hole in the ceiling, repainted all of the skirting boards, painted the ceiling, painted all of the walls white, changed the light shade and put the shelves back up ALL BY MYSELF.




I've got to admit I am super proud of myself for this, not only did it turn out really well, I was full of cold and felt rotten, so to push myself and get it finished in time for a new carpet to be fitted the next day made me feel great. Now our living room feels so cosy and it's a room that I feel I've well and truly stamped my style onto, I love it. 




Doing my best lately to really focus on the positive, and the little victories I'm making. They all add up in the end. 




No comments:

Post a Comment